Sinead310
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m trying to decide on an overall focus for my dissertation. I’ve decided to study Looking for Alaska and The Catcher in the Rye and would like to talk about the search for growing & living in adulthood vs. the innocence and naïveté for childhood, and how death can trigger both these situations, but am not sure if this sounds good? Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sinead310)
I’m trying to decide on an overall focus for my dissertation. I’ve decided to study Looking for Alaska and The Catcher in the Rye and would like to talk about the search for growing & living in adulthood vs. the innocence and naïveté for childhood, and how death can trigger both these situations, but am not sure if this sounds good? Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you
That sounds like a good plan. You can definitely look at death as a trigger. Remember to focus your dissertation on the stylistic devices employed by the authors to portray the themes.

Labrador99 Maybe in ScotQuals? :rambo:
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
That sounds like a good plan. You can definitely look at death as a trigger. Remember to focus your dissertation on the stylistic devices employed by the authors to portray the themes.

Can only move threads that start in study help, but will ask someone in unis to move
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
:rambo:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.09%
Disagree (2)
9.09%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
31.82%
Agree (6)
27.27%
Strongly Agree (5)
22.73%

Watched Threads