hibahhhh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was slightly disappointed when I got a 6 in my maths (predicted an 8) however I completely messed up my first paper so wasn't surprised. My dad however has been pretty caught up about it since it was my lowest grade and originally wanted me to resit to achieve higher. I checked and I was 6 marks off the boundary (a lot I know) but managed to get my script of exam back which my maths teacher kindly went through for me and found they had not awarded me 4 definite marks and 1 mark for working. That means I would gain potentially 5 marks however I need 6 more marks for a grade 7. Should I get a remark?
It will cost me £140 IF I DONT move up a boundary, however if I do then I will be refunded all the money. My dad says he doesn't mind paying (because he really wants me to get a 7) but I can't help but feel guilty if I don't move up a grade. It is riding on one mark so I am really confused as to what to do!! Please help!
lhabgabdgbfa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe if you went through it with your teacher, there's no point cuz you two probably were looking for marks harder than an examiner would and you were probably not considering the marks you might lose if you decide to get a remark
Dancer2001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wouldn’t it be cheaper to resit it in November? If you’re doing a level maths it will be easy (you would probably get a 9) and if you’re not, you probably won’t find it difficult to do some practice by yourself and improve your grade.
hibahhhh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dancer2001)
Wouldn’t it be cheaper to resit it in November? If you’re doing a level maths it will be easy (you would probably get a 9) and if you’re not, you probably won’t find it difficult to do some practice by yourself and improve your grade.
Tbh I really don’t want to resist. I dropped a level maths the first day of school so I mean I could start revising in my spare time. But I am considering med school (I got better grades in everything else) and a 6 in maths is the minimum to apply to any Med school- the point is they won’t consider a resit if I do take one.
hibahhhh
Rep:
?
Well she definitely found 4 marks that were fully correct answers but they just did not award me the mark (we didn’t look hard for those if you know what I mean- I wrote the correct answer and didnt get a mark) and also a mark from working (more about examiner interpretation I guess)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads