aesthetic21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hello, i am currently taking physics, economics and psychology for a level and its the 4th day of year 12 and i'm slowly thinking about whether i should change to a level maths or just continue with physics. Many people have been telling me that physics is a really difficult a level and that i should take maths a level instead (some have already done maths a level) and some are saying that maths and physics are both difficult.

one thing that is making me decide with maths is the fact that it can open a lot of career options and goes well with economics.

and i know that i shouldn't worry about what other people say and that i should do what i want to do but i really do not mind what subject i do at this point as i have found them to be quite similar. please can someone tell me what to do and tell me whether maths is easier than physics and if i should swap to maths instead.

thank you so much
_ap12
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Depends what you got at GCSE, in all honesty your just shooting yourself in the foot if you do physics and not maths. Physics is super difficult, maths is okay if you work hard.
aesthetic21
Rep:
?
(Original post by _ap12)
Depends what you got at GCSE, in all honesty your just shooting yourself in the foot if you do physics and not maths. Physics is super difficult, maths is okay if you work hard.
i got the same grade for both a 7. i think i will go with maths. thank you for your reply.
_ap12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aesthetic21)
i got the same grade for both a 7. i think i will go with maths. thank you for your reply.
no worries but we warned your gonna have to do bare work if want an A/A*. I got a 9 in maths and I am finding a level maths semi hard.
aesthetic21
Rep:
?
(Original post by _ap12)
no worries but we warned your gonna have to do bare work if want an A/A*. I got a 9 in maths and I am finding a level maths semi hard.
yes i had my first maths lesson today and it went okay and i understood when she was going through it, but she said that she wont be going through any of the content again because of timing and how we have very little time to finish the content so like you said i do need to put in the work and maybe get a tutor.
thank you again
Mustafa0605
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maths is far more useful and easier than physics. What did you get in gcse for maths and physics?
aesthetic21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mustafa0605)
Maths is far more useful and easier than physics. What did you get in gcse for maths and physics?
got a 7 in both but i did combined science
Last edited by aesthetic21; 1 week ago
_ap12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by aesthetic21)
yes i had my first maths lesson today and it went okay and i understood when she was going through it, but she said that she wont be going through any of the content again because of timing and how we have very little time to finish the content so like you said i do need to put in the work and maybe get a tutor.
thank you again
good luck
hi?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
some of the content for physics and maths overlap, so there's little to no point of taking physics without maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate