Cedgy_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm going to uni soon and I need some form of ID as I dont have a driver's license and I dotn want to carry my passport around, so I'm either paying 30 quid for a provisional that wont arrive by freshers lost likely or a TOTUM card. I've read a bunch of stuff about various places not letting you in with them but they've all been from like 4+ years ago so has it improved at all?

Thanks
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cedgy_)
I'm going to uni soon and I need some form of ID as I dont have a driver's license and I dotn want to carry my passport around, so I'm either paying 30 quid for a provisional that wont arrive by freshers lost likely or a TOTUM card. I've read a bunch of stuff about various places not letting you in with them but they've all been from like 4+ years ago so has it improved at all?

Thanks
its student id rather than official photo id so i d get a provisional sorted.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Use your passport temporarily, get a provisional sorted, you can't use a student ID as an official photo ID, especially not something like TOTUM. It's pretty difficult to lose a passport, they are pretty big after all, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.
cheesecakelove
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cedgy_)

Thanks
TOTUM card do have a Pass ID option available now: https://www.totum.com/proof-of-age-id-card

Usually most clubs/bars accept provisional licences as a form of ID but you can't use a normal student card.
Helloworld_95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)
TOTUM card do have a Pass ID option available now: https://www.totum.com/proof-of-age-id-card

Usually most clubs/bars accept provisional licences as a form of ID but you can't use a normal student card.
The normal PASS card is rarely accepted in real life, I highly doubt the TOTUM version will be any better.
Ste_Rollo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cheesecakelove)

I use pass ID when going out and works for me everytime
Azurika
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ste_Rollo)
I use pass ID when going out and works for me everytime
I've heard around that the big sticking point is usually nightclubs. Have you ever tried using your ID at one, and if so, what were your experiences like?
Ste_Rollo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Azurika)
I've heard around that the big sticking point is usually nightclubs. Have you ever tried using your ID at one, and if so, what were your experiences like?
I've not had issues with it at clubs in Liverpool, it seems the bouncers and bar staff are used to it here.
Took my driving license out the first couple times with me but I didn't need it in the end.
As it carries the PASS ID logo its not led to me being denied entry or not served anywhere.
Azurika
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ste_Rollo)
I've not had issues with it at clubs in Liverpool, it seems the bouncers and bar staff are used to it here.
Took my driving license out the first couple times with me but I didn't need it in the end.
As it carries the PASS ID logo its not led to me being denied entry or not served anywhere.
Might give it a try, then. I live in the south, and not in a large city, so it might be a bit more of a gamble, but I'll trust you on your experiences.
JamieBR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Can a totum card be used to buy a scratch card
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by JamieBR)
No, as it doesn't state your age or DOB on the card.
Azurika
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by JamieBR)
Actually, yes, as long as you have the PASS version of the card. I've used it in Sainsbury's and have been accepted every time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (178)
14.45%
I'm not sure (57)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (363)
29.46%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.84%
I'm not a current university student (599)
48.62%

Watched Threads