peter.starkk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hey, I am about to take my GCSEs in a few months. School has just started and I would like to point out that i get stressed very easily to the point where I randomly start crying and i have no control over it. So since I have been studying I have not taken any tuition's for help and it has worked well for me. My mum wants to give me all the help she can and my older brother took tuition's. She keeps asking me whether I want to take tuition for any of my sciences or for English. And if you cant already guess, im really starting to get stressed about that. I am taking maths tuition but now I keep feeling that I NEED to take tuition and without that I wont perform as well as I want to. I just want advice from older students about whether it is absolutely necessary to take tuition, and if I wont will i get just average grades? I feel like EVERYONE around me is taking tuition and I am doing the wrong thing . I used to have confidence that my methods would work for me, but now slowly I cant help but lose focus because my mind keeps racing with these thoughts and I just cant keep up.
Student040803
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Jeez it’s not that hard, if you feel like you really need tuition then get a tutor lol. It’s not about what other people do it’s about what you do.
bleh_bleh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by peter.starkk)
hey, I am about to take my GCSEs in a few months. School has just started and I would like to point out that i get stressed very easily to the point where I randomly start crying and i have no control over it. So since I have been studying I have not taken any tuition's for help and it has worked well for me. My mum wants to give me all the help she can and my older brother took tuition's. She keeps asking me whether I want to take tuition for any of my sciences or for English. And if you cant already guess, im really starting to get stressed about that. I am taking maths tuition but now I keep feeling that I NEED to take tuition and without that I wont perform as well as I want to. I just want advice from older students about whether it is absolutely necessary to take tuition, and if I wont will i get just average grades? I feel like EVERYONE around me is taking tuition and I am doing the wrong thing . I used to have confidence that my methods would work for me, but now slowly I cant help but lose focus because my mind keeps racing with these thoughts and I just cant keep up.
I was in the same boat as you last year. Like every now and then I’d be stressed and cry randomly so I understand how you feel.
Tuition will work for some, won’t work for others. Think about if your revision methods worked for your yr10 mocks. If they did, your own methods are working well and you should continue it like that. I didn’t have tuition for almost all of my subjects (only for French which was part of a school programme) and I ended up with really good grades because I stuck with my own revision methods. If you want, try out a session of tuition to see if you like it or not and make your decision then. But to answer your question, it isn’t necessary at all as long as you already know how to revise yourself and you understand all your class work. Good luck with your exams!
peter.starkk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Student040803)
Jeez it’s not that hard, if you feel like you really need tuition then get a tutor lol. It’s not about what other people do it’s about what you do.
very straightforward thanks
peter.starkk
Rep:
?
(Original post by bleh_bleh)
I was in the same boat as you last year. Like every now and then I’d be stressed and cry randomly so I understand how you feel.
Tuition will work for some, won’t work for others. Think about if your revision methods worked for your yr10 mocks. If they did, your own methods are working well and you should continue it like that. I didn’t have tuition for almost all of my subjects (only for French which was part of a school programme) and I ended up with really good grades because I stuck with my own revision methods. If you want, try out a session of tuition to see if you like it or not and make your decision then. But to answer your question, it isn’t necessary at all as long as you already know how to revise yourself and you understand all your class work. Good luck with your exams!
Thank you so much! i feel so much better knowing im not the only one feeling that way. yeah i guess i will stick to my own methods.
Student040803
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by peter.starkk)
very straightforward thanks
Didn’t mean to come across as rude but with GCSEs you’ve really got to find a method that works for you. There’s not much point doing what others do because different things work for different people. If you get stressed easily then a tutor maybe good as it gives you a organised slot for revision so you don’t have to get stressed over revision timing.
peter.starkk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Student040803)
Didn’t mean to come across as rude but with GCSEs you’ve really got to find a method that works for you. There’s not much point doing what others do because different things work for different people. If you get stressed easily then a tutor maybe good as it gives you a organised slot for revision so you don’t have to get stressed over revision timing.
oh no i didnt think what was rude lol dont worry. it was helpful advice. : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads