Is this fair!? Should teachers bee doing this Watch

itsmeuno
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just so you know me a bit more and can answer my question,
I am in year 10 and today I had French, which is my core subject, we were revising for a vocabulary test and the teacher told us to revise by covering the french and write the English but I did not do that. I stared at my vocab sheet and revised but she came over to me and said 'You need too cover french and write down the English!' But I didn't listen as that's not the way I revise, then she came over again and said 'That's it, you have detention (c3) as you refuse to follow instructions!' I told her that 'we all have different ways of revising and this is not how I revise, you cannot force me to revise your way as I won't get good marks' but she shouted at me and I kept quiet. Once the lesson ended I had a word with her without anyone in the class and said 'Miss this is not fair you can't give me a detention for this, its only 2 weeks into school' but she refused to listen and said 'No, you've detention (c3) no going back'. I then got angry and slammed the door when I left. Why are we forced to revise the way teachers think we should? When they say we have a voice and freedom, why don't they listen when we use it? Please tell me what I should do as am about too email the headteacher and tell her what kind of staff she hired.
ViktoriyaPetrov
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by itsmeuno)
I am in year 10 and today I had French, which is my core subject, we were revising for a vocabulary test and the teacher told us to revise by covering the french and write the English but I did not do that. I stared at my vocab sheet and revised but she came over to me and said 'You need too cover french and write down the English!' But I didn't listen as that's not the way I revise, then she came over again and said 'That's it, you have detention (c3) as you refuse to follow instructions!' I told her that 'we all have different ways of revising and this is not how I revise, you cannot force me to revise your way as I won't get good marks' but she shouted at me and I kept quiet. Once the lesson ended I had a word with her without anyone in the class and said 'Miss this is not fair you can't give me a detention for this, its only 2 weeks into school' but she refused to listen and said 'No, you've detention (c3) no going back'. I then got angry and slammed the door when I left. Why are we forced to revise the way teachers think we should? When they say we have a voice and freedom, why don't they listen when we use it? Please tell me what I should do as am about too email the headteacher and tell her what kind of staff she hired.
your teacher was very unfair. you should get a parent or guardian to write in for you as the principal will more likely listen to another adult rather than a student (I know, very unfair). and try to keep calm, getting worked up isn't going to make it better, its only going to make you sick instead. hopefully this helps and hopefully you wont get a detention
Justanotheranon6
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
She gave you an instruction. You ignored it. She then told you the instruction again. You ignored it. So yes, you deserve detention. If I pulled the stuff u pulled (slamming a door, ignoring instructions, answering back) I would have been sent to the head teacher. Ur lucky u only got detention.
MinaBee
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think you're overreacting. Just do what the teacher wants you to do. You can revise your own way outside of the class.
kkavinaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yh k it’s your fault and the teacher. If she forces you to revise differently tell a guardian but the way you talked back to the teacher is unacceptable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads