Dabo5631
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Im doing apprenticeship childcare level 2
I started to work at the setting in November 2018.
The college came to enrol and signed in assignment in january 2019
The program said I will need to be at the setting for a year to be able to complete the qualification. My question is, in Nov this year if I quit. (But will continue doing assignment to complete all units). Will it count as a year experience apprenticeship? Or I need to continue working until Jan to be able to complete both experiences and assignments?
WazzWazz98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dabo5631)
Im doing apprenticeship childcare level 2
I started to work at the setting in November 2018.
The college came to enrol and signed in assignment in january 2019
The program said I will need to be at the setting for a year to be able to complete the qualification. My question is, in Nov this year if I quit. (But will continue doing assignment to complete all units). Will it count as a year experience apprenticeship? Or I need to continue working until Jan to be able to complete both experiences and assignments?
Check with your college tutor!
Dabo5631
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by WazzWazz98)
Check with your college tutor!
The tutor said it shouldn't be any issue as long as I will complete all units before the fund run out in January. What Im worrying now, is it right if the employer try to keep apprentice to work even after a year contract but pay apprentice wage as they excused that I am not qualified yet. But if I leave I might not complete the program.
Advertisement
WazzWazz98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Dabo5631)
The tutor said it shouldn't be any issue as long as I will complete all units before the fund run out in January. What Im worrying now, is it right if the employer try to keep apprentice to work even after a year contract but pay apprentice wage as they excused that I am not qualified yet. But if I leave I might not complete the program.
I don't think it would be possible for them to breach the covenant they will also have with the college, which is to hire you within the parameters of your course. Maybe talk to your firm's HR or a senior re any concerns?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (10)
5.29%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (105)
55.56%
No (74)
39.15%

Watched Threads