Study6076
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So i wanted to do triple science since year 9 and so long story short my dad and i talked to my head of science and because my grades were good for our end of year exams I got (8,7) and other factors she said she would give me a test on triple content after summer holidays its been 5 days since we started school and she hasn't come to speak to me or anything.

So i don't know what to do and i am also scared of her as i don't want her to say she changed her mind or something.

I also feel like i don't have enough knowledge and that i am gonna fail the test and i am scared. i am in year 11 and its really stressing me out.
Last edited by Study6076; 1 week ago
Allons y Alonso
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The thing is with teachers that you have to remember is that they're just people too. They don't have any evil or malevolent motives - if anything they just want you to do well. Still, I know very well it can be nerve racking going up to a teacher (specially the head), but I would just brace it and just ask her. You won't ever know if you don't ask. Bring a friend if you want as well (just in case the teacher turns out to be evil )

As a side note, if you got 7s and 8s, I'd be very surprised if they don't get you to do triple (unless you specifically ask not to).

Hope this helped and good luck!
Study6076
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Allons y Alonso)
The thing is with teachers that you have to remember is that they're just people too. They don't have any evil or malevolent motives - if anything they just want you to do well. Still, I know very well it can be nerve racking going up to a teacher (specially the head), but I would just brace it and just ask her. You won't ever know if you don't ask. Bring a friend if you want as well (just in case the teacher turns out to be evil )

As a side note, if you got 7s and 8s, I'd be very surprised if they don't get you to do triple (unless you specifically ask not to).

Hope this helped and good luck!
how do deal with the fact im stressed i might fail the exam
Allons y Alonso
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Study6076)
how do deal with the fact im stressed i might fail the exam
Been there on the stress front. Honestly, the best (and only thing) you can do to get rid of the stress you might fail, is to prepare for the exam so you know you won't fail. Again remember, your teacher is human. If they want you to do the test before you feel you're prepared, just be honest with them and ask for some time. It's very unlikely they say no (specially given you've just had summer).

Also, on the stress front: I GUARANTEE that in say 2 years, you won't even remember you had this problem. This is such a tiny drop in the ocean of all the very stressful times you'll have with GCSEs, so no stress needed really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads