Sian.M.A
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm thinking of being a primary school teacher or special needs school teacher but what a levels are best for that and what would I need to study at uni
TheGoodStudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For an education degree, I would take sociology and psychology, and a third one that you enjoy and find easy.

Of course you could take harder a levels, like bio/chem but it would be pointless putting all the effort in those subjects for an education degree.
The Beaver
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheGoodStudent)
Of course you could take harder a levels, like bio/chem but it would be pointless putting all the effort in those subjects for an education degree.
Hilarious
(Original post by Sian.M.A)
I'm thinking of being a primary school teacher or special needs school teacher but what a levels are best for that and what would I need to study at uni
For a Primary teaching BEd if you hope to teach mainstream primary some of the best to take are "core" subjects, having English/Maths/one of the Sciences is helpful and when applying for jobs is always a positive. If you want to get on that course for SEN teaching, the same courses will help you get onto the course but are not necessarily as "helpful" when applying for jobs, then it is enthusiasm and experience.

At the end of the day though your grade will generally matter more than the subject for primary courses.
Last edited by The Beaver; 1 week ago
bwilliams
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by The Beaver)
Hilarious

For a Primary teaching BEd if you hope to teach mainstream primary some of the best to take are "core" subjects, having English/Maths/one of the Sciences is helpful and when applying for jobs is always a positive. If you want to get on that course for SEN teaching, the same courses will help you get onto the course but are not necessarily as "helpful" when applying for jobs, then it is enthusiasm and experience.

At the end of the day though your grade will generally matter more than the subject for primary courses.
Spot on :yy:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%