Anxiety about my future Watch

colourlessness
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
sooo i’ve been switching between what degree courses to do in the science field and i catch myself worrying too much about my future and whether what ever degree i’ll be doing will be worth it and if i’ll be able to find a good job in that field.
what do i do?
Kimchikult
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
What science would you like to get into?
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by colourlessness)
sooo i’ve been switching between what degree courses to do in the science field and i catch myself worrying too much about my future and whether what ever degree i’ll be doing will be worth it and if i’ll be able to find a good job in that field.
what do i do?
Are you just starting year 13 now?

I've been in EXACTLY the same position as you, and still am. Had an offer to do NatSci at notts last year but worried too much about the career prospects so didn't go.

What kind of science do you want to study?

Think I've come back to natural sciences again so i can do biology but also add some maths in which will help me to hopefully go into finance when I graduate. I don't care about staying in the science field though, maybe you are different.

My advice is to go with what you enjoy and the rest will fall into place. There is always room to change direction.

What about medicine?
colourlessness
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
well not year 13. i’m done with a levels and took a gap year. so yeaaaa
hmmm i think that’s great advice thank you so much. well i did apply for medicine and got accepted but i know many people who do medicine and are doctors but they don’t like the idea of doing it bc they say it’s really really tough. and a bunch of other complications i had to go through so i gave it up
colourlessness
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kimchikult)
What science would you like to get into?
physiotherapy. do you think it’s a good idea?
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Same, literally how I feel right now
colourlessness
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Same, literally how I feel right now
what do you plan on doing?
itsokayitsokayy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I need to apply for my degree now, but I don't know what to do because it kind of determines my future so I feel the exact same
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
what do you plan on doing?
I'm in year 13

Doing bio, politics and sociology

I initially wanted to do an allied health degree, but now I'm wondering if its worth it or not. I've been considering a IT related degree, but the problem is I don't think I'll enjoy it
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
what do i do?
Following
Anonymous #3
Report 4 days ago
physiotherapy. do you think it’s a good idea?
Yes that is a good idea. I want to do physiotherapy but I dont have the skills
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (153)
24.8%
Pop (149)
24.15%
Jazz (26)
4.21%
Classical (36)
5.83%
Hip-Hop (107)
17.34%
Electronic (42)
6.81%
Indie (104)
16.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise