username4946380
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have noticed that from time to time I am getting some discharge.
I have checked my knickers it is definitely not blood, and it is not smelly.
I feel so bad about it, I thought these things only happened to me when I was a little girl growing up.
Anyway my Mum suggested that I wear panty liners she said this will stop the problem and keep me fresh.
However I am wondering if there are any health implications if I wear them all the time.
Bearing in mind that once a month during my period I am wearing pads. I feel quite embarrased as a grown up woman discussing this.
I would love to hear from people in a similar situation to me, as to how they cope and deal with it.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Brightongirl)
I have noticed that from time to time I am getting some discharge.
I have checked my knickers it is definitely not blood, and it is not smelly.
I feel so bad about it, I thought these things only happened to me when I was a little girl growing up.
Anyway my Mum suggested that I wear panty liners she said this will stop the problem and keep me fresh.
However I am wondering if there are any health implications if I wear them all the time.
Bearing in mind that once a month during my period I am wearing pads. I feel quite embarrased as a grown up woman discussing this.
I would love to hear from people in a similar situation to me, as to how they cope and deal with it.
A little discharge is normal. You may wish to wear panty liners during the day, and no panty liner at night so you aren't wearing them all of the time. If you have a lot of discharge, try to change your panty liners regularly for hygienic reasons. You may wish to consider reusable panty liners (made from bamboo or cotton) - they will be kinder to your skin.
username4946380
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thankyou. You have certainly reassured me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
10%
Disagree (2)
10%
Neither agree or disagree (6)
30%
Agree (6)
30%
Strongly Agree (4)
20%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise