Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
After pondering on whether to get the £95 Freshers wristband, I decided to instead buy the tickets for the events I actually want to go to and it came up to £19 (WelcomeFest & VKParty)
However, they don't really explain the events well.
'WelcomeFest19' explains that for 2 weeks I will get into all SU events. But that is the same thing that the £95 says ( However, the £95 one also has deals such as 10% off of drinks etc). I don't understand why one is £19 and one is £95?. Also, I really want to know the number of events in WelcomeFest ?
BTW I got these off the uni website, so it's not a fraud
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
After pondering on whether to get the £95 Freshers wristband, I decided to instead buy the tickets for the events I actually want to go to and it came up to £19 (WelcomeFest & VKParty)
However, they don't really explain the events well.
'WelcomeFest19' explains that for 2 weeks I will get into all SU events. But that is the same thing that the £95 says ( However, the £95 one also has deals such as 10% off of drinks etc). I don't understand why one is £19 and one is £95?. Also, I really want to know the number of events in WelcomeFest ?
BTW I got these off the uni website, so it's not a fraud
Maybe contact the organisers?

If you are more a pick and choose person then the big wristband might not be good value.
I would be a wait and see person because your flat or the friends you make might not want to go and you then feel obliged because they have your money Personally I would wait or if you know there are definite events that you want then see what the price is. Your friends might be just as happy in the local pub.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?