Original post by Stefanidi
PRSOM. The OP doesn’t want to take any advice being offered unfortunately

I’m a bit late, what does PRSOM mean?
Original post by idontkn
I’m a bit late, what does PRSOM mean?

Please rate some other member - I already repped your other post
Original post by IzzyGC
Hi!

I was in a very similar situation to your daughter. I got good GCSE grades (almost all A’s), but when I started alevels I chose the wrong subjects and got in with a bad group of people. They school wouldn’t let me change alevels, so I got worse grades, which made me act up, which made my grades worse and so on in a cycle.

I got permenantly expelled from that school in my Lower sixth.

My parents gave a me a choice: start somewhere strait away and try and do 3 alevels in my U6, or drop a year and start again, doing things I liked with a chance to make myself new again at a new school.

The problem at my old school was I was so used to acting up that I felt I was expected to be that way by my friends and teachers, and they treated me as such so I never had a chance to change.

I chose to start again and drop a year. I started a new school far away, with alevels I liked and a fresh start: I just received A*AB in 3 hard subjects (English lit etc), was in honour roll by the time I left and will be attending a prestigious Russel group university in a few weeks to do a 4 year masters in psychology.

Basically, being expelled was the best thing that ever happened because it gave me a chance to start again, and I went from expelled to honour roll.

I think it would be a good idea to discuss starting new with your daughter somewhere else; sounds like she needs a fresh start

well said this is exactly the problem but the mother prefers to support the school and blame the daughter rather than facing the fact that her daughter is playing up because she is extremely unhappy. The behaviour of the school is totally bizarre. They could have helped the situation by letting the daughter drop biology but they put the schools interest above the student. The vast majority of schools would have acted differently as Muttley a vastly experienced teacher has commented.. The head of sixth year has commented how supportive the parent has been and knows that many parents would have been backing their child against a school which clearly doesnt have the students best interest at heart.
I noticed she seems to say no a lot to all the options you are giving her, is it possible you could ask what she wants (not a yes or no answer) whether she wants to move or change schools/colleges, whether she wants to stay and see out the year etc.
Original post by boble1
Hi, I'm so pleased everything worked out for you and congratulations on your success!

In hindsight, my daughter does whatever she can to annoy the school. Their attire should be smart. She goes in with short denim skirts or jeans which are certainly not allowed. She liked to provoke a reaction. She will eat during class and be on her phone and chat during mass.

I did ask her whether she'd like to leave but surprisingly, said no.

I will ask her again about leaving and starting afresh. I'm hopeful that our chat last night may start her thinking about how she can move forward.

You are in a tough situation, but you and the school have to be the ones to stop it and reset things.

Of course she doesn't want to leave the school, she's having great fun at the moment 'getting back' at everyone and controlling the situation.

Ask the school to expel her. Then point out her legal position re being in work, training or education until the age of 18 and let her make her choice. You might make clear that only in the case that she chooses full time education will living (rent free) at home be an option.

Hopefully that will be the shock that makes her wake up to the responsibilities of growing up and she will reset her behaviour as a previous poster described.
Original post by swanseajack1
well said this is exactly the problem but the mother prefers to support the school and blame the daughter rather than facing the fact that her daughter is playing up because she is extremely unhappy. The behaviour of the school is totally bizarre. They could have helped the situation by letting the daughter drop biology but they put the schools interest above the student. The vast majority of schools would have acted differently as Muttley a vastly experienced teacher has commented.. The head of sixth year has commented how supportive the parent has been and knows that many parents would have been backing their child against a school which clearly doesnt have the students best interest at heart.

I’ve been watching this thread and feel I have to speak up.

You have been incredibly rude to the poor mother, abusive even.

Surely if the daughter wanted to she could just walk out of school and never return?

Every single post from you has attacked the mother, blaming her for everything. Obviously you don’t feel the daughter has any blame in this situation.

From what I can see, the mother and school have tried, the daughter is continuing to be rude and disruptive to the biology class. The school have stated you must do 3 A levels you find this unreasonable what can the mother do? Demand the school let her daughter drop one subject? Just because the school is not doing what YOU think is right and you say the school is being unreasonable, you have attacked the mother and said some really hurtful thing, i.e. the daughter will not want to know her in years to come, the mother is not being supportive, etc. From what I can tell, the mother is terribly concerned and came to the forum for advice and every single time you’ve posted, you have verbally abused and insulted her. Do you not think the mother has enough to deal with without being attacked by you, a keyboard warrior?

Everyone knows you do not have to go to 6th form but the daughter appears to want to stay.

Surely if the daughter was that unhappy, she could just walk out if she wanted to?

Other people have tried to be reasonable and offer good advice and support, all you seem to have done is consistently blame the poor mother. Surely at the age of 17, you have to take some responsibility for your own actions?

It seems the mother has offered to take the daughter out of this school permanently, but the daughter has said no. So what do you advise now?

You come across as a self-righteous, vile bully who thrives on the sound of your own voice.
Original post by username4530544
Hi

My daughter is in her last year of her A levels.

She is disruptive, rude and not working hard. I've been into the school many times and now she is on her last warning before being excluded.

I had an email today saying they want to talk to me about putting her on "enforced study leave".

Does anyone know what that means?

Thank you

Sounds like she needs therapy? Do you think she’d agree to that?

Quick Reply

Latest