Bell132
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am applying to 2 or 3universities for Social Anthropology and Law and 2 or 3 for Social Anthropology. Would anyone have any suggestions on whether I would be disadvantaged by the Unis offering only Social anthropology, if my personal statement consists of 50/50 Anthropology and Law.

Thanks a lot.

For anyone interested

I am looking at:
LSE
UCL
SOAS
BRUNEL
KENT
EDINBURGH
StudentRep Medway
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bell132)
I am applying to 2 or 3universities for Social Anthropology and Law and 2 or 3 for Social Anthropology. Would anyone have any suggestions on whether I would be disadvantaged by the Unis offering only Social anthropology, if my personal statement consists of 50/50 Anthropology and Law.

Thanks a lot.

For anyone interested

I am looking at:
LSE
UCL
SOAS
BRUNEL
KENT
EDINBURGH
Hi there
So pleased to hear you're considering studying at Kent! I know this isn't directly related to what you're asking, but if you'd like to find out more about what it is like to study at Kent first hand, then I'd really recommend checking out the online Unibuddy programme at Kent. Unibuddy allows prospective students, like yourself, to talk to current students studying the same course to find out what it is like. I'll leave the link here in case you're interested.
Also, from my personal experience applying for a joint honours degree, as long as you cover both of the subjects that you're looking to apply for in your personal statement in enough and equal detail then it will be fine! Universities typically understand that often students are applying for slightly different courses and can only use one personal statement for them all, so I wouldn't worry about it too much
I hope this helps!
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
LSE heavily emphasises the personal statement, and for joint honours courses can use a failure to engage with both sides of the course as a reason to reject you. I would recommend you write your statement for LSE (Anthropology and Law) specifically, since it's much more important for them than anywhere else.

You should also think about the intersection between anthropology and law; both legal anthropology as a subdiscipline of anthropology, and areas of law where anthropological approaches and concepts may be relevant (e.g. human rights).
Bell132
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks a lot! I think I will do my statement 50:50 Law : anthropology, as it is the course I am most interested in, and LSE is my first choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
15.67%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (44)
32.84%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (13)
9.7%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (14)
10.45%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
5.22%
I think it's an unfair expectation (32)
23.88%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.24%

Watched Threads