My girlfriend wants to wait for sex and it bothers me. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I don’t know what to do. My girlfriend and I have been together for about 3 months now and I love her, I adore her.

But I’m a teenaged male and not only am I at the height of my sexual interest but for me it’s just an important part of a relationship.
My girlfriend though has recently said she wouldn’t have sex while still in education because it might distract her.

I know it’s just petty and stupid but it’s getting to me and I can’t help thinking about it. I feel terrible but it just bothers me and I don’t know what to do, because I fear that we’ll end up breaking up because I don’t know if I can handle not being sexually active for a whole year.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t know what to do. My girlfriend and I have been together for about 3 months now and I love her, I adore her.

But I’m a teenaged male and not only am I at the height of my sexual interest but for me it’s just an important part of a relationship.
My girlfriend though has recently said she wouldn’t have sex while still in education because it might distract her.

I know it’s just petty and stupid but it’s getting to me and I can’t help thinking about it. I feel terrible but it just bothers me and I don’t know what to do, because I fear that we’ll end up breaking up because I don’t know if I can handle not being sexually active for a whole year.
If the two of you want different things, it might be worth taking a break from the relationship. I would talk to your girlfriend first and communicate with her about how you feel. It may be that you both can come to a mutual understanding/decision or you both might feel that it would better if you break up.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Then, the answer is quite simple: respect her wishes to not have sex and split up with her. She has needs and rights and so have you. So date someone else! How would sex a few times a week distract her education unless she is 16, too young ? Is she 18?
Last edited by mgi; 1 week ago
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

It isn't petty or stupid. Sex is important to the majority of relationships. However, you need to decide if this is something worth breaking up over. You definitely need to respect her wishes to not have sex yet regardless of what you decide to do. You won't die from not having sex for a year, you'll be fine. Sex isn't the most amazing thing in the world. It's up to you to decide if you want to continue being with her and wait, or break up and find someone who will have sex with you straight away.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.6%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.28%
No (175)
34.11%

Watched Threads