The cupcake
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hellooooo, I’m starting uni and I’m so scared! Is it hard to make friends? I’m Pakistani so preferably I’d like to make friends with another Asian aswell but I’m scared they’ll already have friend groups. I’m going to Coventry University and joining the Pakistani society, does anyone have any experience here and tips?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by The cupcake)
Hellooooo, I’m starting uni and I’m so scared! Is it hard to make friends? I’m Pakistani so preferably I’d like to make friends with another Asian aswell but I’m scared they’ll already have friend groups. I’m going to Coventry University and joining the Pakistani society, does anyone have any experience here and tips?
I would be open to making friends from different cultures - university is a wide mix of people from different backgrounds and it can be interesting to meet people who are different to you. It can be easy to make friends, but you do have to make the effort. Start conversations with people you meet, talk to your course mates. Join lots of societies and speak to people! Those who you feel you click with, you can talk more with them, add them on social media or arrange to meet up. As you get to know each other more, you can develop some good friendships during your time at university.
hoixw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by The cupcake)
Coventry has a fairly sizeable Pakistani & Muslim population so you'll be fine outside of uni too (If you miss some random thing from "back home" you'll be able to source it pretty easily). You'd probably have to go out to Foleshill/Great Heath to buy this kinda stuff though, but its a 10 minute bus that runs every couple of minutes. If you have any more questions about Coventry just message me or reply to this, I've been living here all my life haha

Anyway, most students who go to university go without knowing anyone else on their course - if they're lucky, maybe 1 or 2 people. They'll all be in the same boat as you, so don't worry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?