The Student Room Group

Vagina smells really bad ?

I had a blood test and a vaginal swab test and they both came back clean, the Gp also gave me cream for my vagina just in case I have a yeast infection but I feel like somethings wrong ? I wash every day but my vagina has this off putting smell , smells like period blood and like bleach/ chlorine . My vagina also gets really itchy. It makes me uncomfortable in my sex life as I know my partner can smell it, but the tests showed there’s nothing wrong ? I have so much discharge, my panties are always soaking and have marks, and today I saw like white stuff on my knickers but it doesn’t look poudery like yeast infection. My discharge is also very clear. What do I do ? I think I’m going crazy?! The day after I wash it starts smelling disgusting.
Same
🤢🤢🤢🤢
Original post by OR321
🤢🤢🤢🤢

Very disrespectful
I am in the same position; unpleasant smell, itchiness, lots of discharge. But I've had 2 swabs (both come back fine), an ultrasound (everything looked fine) and a swab done of some of the discharge and was prescribed medication for a yeast infection, although nothing changed even after I finished the full course.

I'm going to see if my gp can refer me to a gynecologist. Update me if you figure out anything lol.
they all do tbh
If this isn't a troll then there's such a thing as overwashing too, especially if it's every day without using a pH balanced soap. Sometimes it can cause more problems than solve them.
Original post by Anonymous
I had a blood test and a vaginal swab test and they both came back clean, the Gp also gave me cream for my vagina just in case I have a yeast infection but I feel like somethings wrong ? I wash every day but my vagina has this off putting smell , smells like period blood and like bleach/ chlorine . My vagina also gets really itchy. It makes me uncomfortable in my sex life as I know my partner can smell it, but the tests showed there’s nothing wrong ? I have so much discharge, my panties are always soaking and have marks, and today I saw like white stuff on my knickers but it doesn’t look poudery like yeast infection. My discharge is also very clear. What do I do ? I think I’m going crazy?! The day after I wash it starts smelling disgusting.

Same

Me too. Do you guys have weird bits coming out of your vagina? my vagina smells like strong fish and nothing seems to be working. Also my anal area smells foul. No idea what it is. I’ve accepted I won’t ever have sex. It also makes inserting anything incredibly painful. Thank god i’m not alone in this.
The day after I wash it starts smelling disgusting.

How often do you wash down there? You should really be doing it every day...
Reply 9
Sounds like bacterial vaginosis. You can get tablets prescribed or bought over the counter at a pharmacy
Bacterial vaginosis because that usually has a foul smell coming out of it. You could actually have more than one. You could also have yeast infection but it depends on how your discharge looks.
i have had to exact same thing for months, but my boyfriend says he likes it better with the bad smell so i don't want to get rid of it now lol
i have had to exact same thing for months, but my boyfriend says he likes it better with the bad smell so i don't want to get rid of it now lol

Is that a fetish thing?
Original post by black tea
Is that a fetish thing?

must be!! similar to how some people like fart smells i guess?

It will be fine. It has never happen to me as I have never been in a relationship but it has many causes
I suspect a microbial imbalance in your vagina. Try applying sugar-free yogurt (it has to be sugar-free because yeast feed on sugar) into your vagina for a week. I tried it myself and it worked really well. Also don’t douche. Douching disrupt your vaginal pH level, which worsen your condition.
ask a female doctor

Quick Reply

Latest