Vagina smells really bad ? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I had a blood test and a vaginal swab test and they both came back clean, the Gp also gave me cream for my vagina just in case I have a yeast infection but I feel like somethings wrong ? I wash every day but my vagina has this off putting smell , smells like period blood and like bleach/ chlorine . My vagina also gets really itchy. It makes me uncomfortable in my sex life as I know my partner can smell it, but the tests showed there’s nothing wrong ? I have so much discharge, my panties are always soaking and have marks, and today I saw like white stuff on my knickers but it doesn’t look poudery like yeast infection. My discharge is also very clear. What do I do ? I think I’m going crazy?! The day after I wash it starts smelling disgusting.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
That sounds like bacterial vaginosis even though the swabs didn't come back with anything, treated very easily with a course of antibiotics
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I had a blood test and a vaginal swab test and they both came back clean, the Gp also gave me cream for my vagina just in case I have a yeast infection but I feel like somethings wrong ? I wash every day but my vagina has this off putting smell , smells like period blood and like bleach/ chlorine . My vagina also gets really itchy. It makes me uncomfortable in my sex life as I know my partner can smell it, but the tests showed there’s nothing wrong ? I have so much discharge, my panties are always soaking and have marks, and today I saw like white stuff on my knickers but it doesn’t look poudery like yeast infection. My discharge is also very clear. What do I do ? I think I’m going crazy?! The day after I wash it starts smelling disgusting.
You deal with this by going to a sexual health clinic and getting advice and help. You probsbly have some sort of undiagnosed infection. Don't worry just source some good medical advice!
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So vaginas do naturally have a smell, which changes throughout your cycle but it shouldn't be fishy or unpleasant.

Vaginas are self cleaning and should not be messed with. Over washing or using lotions and potions (not given to you be a medical professional) are a bad idea. Is it possible that you are irritating the area in your attempts to deal with the smell?

Also:
Don't wear pads unless you need them
Do wear cotton (breathable) underwear
Do carry spare knicks to change into as and when you need to.
Avoid tight fitting clothing
Let your bits breathe at night if possible.
If you've not had an STI test recently I'd agree that getting a check up and talking about your symptoms are worth doing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (40)
7.75%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
57.95%
No (177)
34.3%

Watched Threads