leadey
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey!

Can anyone studying medicine at Queen's University Belfast tell me if there's going to be math and physics? I'm packing my stuff and thinking whether I should bring my old notebooks.

Thank you!
Gastroepiploic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm not at QUB but from what I gather, a UK medical course does not require advanced mathematical skill. Simple calculations up to Grade A GCSE Mathematics standard and you should be fine. You are not studying a mathematics degree.

If you are planning on becoming a clinical radiologist (with radiology being moderately competitive), you may very well need a higher level of mathematics/ physics beyond GCSE and/or A level.

Hope this helps and have fun! I have heard nothing but good things about NI.

Gastroepiploic
leadey
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Gastroepiploic)
I'm not at QUB but from what I gather, a UK medical course does not require advanced mathematical skill. Simple calculations up to Grade A GCSE Mathematics standard and you should be fine. You are not studying a mathematics degree.

If you are planning on becoming a clinical radiologist (with radiology being moderately competitive), you may very well need a higher level of mathematics/ physics beyond GCSE and/or A level.

Hope this helps and have fun! I have heard nothing but good things about NI.

Gastroepiploic
Thank you! That’s what I suspected, but my native country’s medical degree entails mathematics and medicinal physics so I was curious about the UK degree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
7.88%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (135)
56.02%
No (87)
36.1%

Watched Threads