Is my gym routine good? Watch

MightyDragon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My goal is to improve strength, lose fat and perhaps improve my cardio too. Right now, I go 4 days a week.
1 of them will be for Chest and triceps.Will consist of bench press, incline dumbbell press, cable chest flys, chest busters, tricep dips, rope pull down, overhead extensions.
Back and biceps:
Deadlift, dumbbell rows, wide and close grip pull down, face pulls
Ez bar curl,21s on cables, hammer curls

Shoulders and abs:
Overhead press, Arnold press
The cable extension thing where you pull it across your body, Shrugs, 21s.
Hanging knee raises, sit-ups and twists, side raises, and the thing everyone does on the flat bench lifting their legs etc.
Legs:
Squats, leg press, leg extension, leg curl, calf raises, calf’s on the leg press, hamstring raises.

After each weights session, I either run a mile at steady pace or do some HIIT for 5-10 mins.
I do 8-12 reps for everything for 4 sets. Everything other than calves
Last edited by MightyDragon; 1 week ago
unblessedcoffee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I saw good results for the goals you state using the following programme:
http://scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/

I'd integrate more cardio. Most people like the idea of HIIT but won't work hard enough to see any benefit. You can't do proper HIIT on a treadmill.
I don't see any bicep curls? Do a set immediately before your hammer curls. Otherwise it looks decent enough if your form is correct.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
10%
Disagree (2)
10%
Neither agree or disagree (6)
30%
Agree (6)
30%
Strongly Agree (4)
20%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise