University claims mitigating circumstances evidence was not received Watch

ellisx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, so today the results for retakes come out as well as decisions on mitigating circumstances, I handed in my evidence late but it was before the last deadline given. I even sent an email to my department asking if they had received my evidence and they replied with yes and the date it had been received.

Today I get an email from the office stating that because no evidence had been received they couldn't make a judgement on my mitigating circumstances which is clearly false since I have proof this is not the case.

I have emailed the office about this situation and forwarded the email I had received from them. Is there anything else I can do?

Since I may not be allowed to progress if this is the case.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ellisx)
Hi, so today the results for retakes come out as well as decisions on mitigating circumstances, I handed in my evidence late but it was before the last deadline given. I even sent an email to my department asking if they had received my evidence and they replied with yes and the date it had been received.

Today I get an email from the office stating that because no evidence had been received they couldn't make a judgement on my mitigating circumstances which is clearly false since I have proof this is not the case.

I have emailed the office about this situation and forwarded the email I had received from them. Is there anything else I can do?

Since I may not be allowed to progress if this is the case.
Send them a copy of the evidence again to avoid further delay.
The error is theirs.
They should expedite the decision.
You can also ask the people who sent the confirmation to get in touch with the people saying they didnt receive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
7.88%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (135)
56.02%
No (87)
36.1%

Watched Threads