Rave Gador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I'm currently starting Year 12 in my Sixth Form and am very interested in going into the production side of filmmaking, such as directing. I also am interesting in script writing. In February half term I'm hoping to go to a film course for about a 5 day period. Just interested to hear others' opinions on which Universities they'd recommend and what qualifications would be needed. Currently I'm doing 3 A-Levels but I'm likely to switch to a Btec in Business and a Politics A-Level. I'm also starting DofE Gold. What Universities would accept a Btec as a qualification? And would I be better to struggle through 3 A-Levels where I likely wouldn't get great grades or would I be better off doing the Btec and an A-Level where I'd likely get better results?
Also, I'd be interested in studying abroad in America if there would be more opportunities but I'm aware that my grades at GCSE level and likely in my A-Levels wouldn't permit me to join top Universities like the UCLA.
Finally, does anyone have any experience with getting into filmmaking who could share some helpful advice. I'd much appreciate it!
UniversityOfSunderland
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Rave Gador
Choosing a course like Film Production will provide an ideal environment for you to develop your skills and cover a range of projects. Quite often there's a script writing module, but do check before applying with the university

Universities do accept BTECs, for our Film production course, our typical offer is 112-120 UCAS points from a minimum of two A Levels or equivalent or
Distinction, Merit, Merit with a BTEC.

It's important to choose a course that will allow you to work on a range of projects and develop your practical production skills in areas including screenwriting, camera, sound, editing, lighting, colour grading, producing and directing to ensure you get the most from your course.
Your learning experience will also be greatly enhanced by a highly experienced and skilled lecturing team, alongside first-class equipment.

Studying abroad is an option with our course, and we do have partner institutions in the USA. The universities available to you will depend on the current availability of places at the partner institutions however.

If you'd like to know anything more about our offering or have any general questions about applying to a university, we're here if you have any questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?