turtle.8
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I have recently decided to do a geography degree at uni, but I'm worried that I don't have many geography related things to put in my PS. I am currently doing Advanced Higher geography (I live in Scotland) and I am going to enter the RGS young geographers competition this year, so I can talk about that. I have also been doing volunteering for 2 years, doing work experience in a primary school and I have a part time job. Been trying to get some work experience but my school isn't doing much to help, tried emailing places but hasn't come to much. Just wondering is what I'm doing enough or should I keep looking for things to do?

Thanks
nottshistpol1821
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Read some stuff related to the subject (proper academic stuff, even if it's just a chapter or two) and mention that, and then use your other experiences to prove skills (working independently, all the generic stuff etc etc).

If you can get subject-related experience that's great but it's really just about proving you're a well-rounded individual who loves geography. Hope this helps
turtle.8
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by nottshistpol1821)
Read some stuff related to the subject (proper academic stuff, even if it's just a chapter or two) and mention that, and then use your other experiences to prove skills (working independently, all the generic stuff etc etc).

If you can get subject-related experience that's great but it's really just about proving you're a well-rounded individual who loves geography. Hope this helps
Thanks this is very helpful! Reading is a good idea, I'll look into this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.45%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (69)
55.65%
No (47)
37.9%

Watched Threads