Throwaway7749
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I've finished up my online enrolment for Cardiff uni and options for Welsh for All and Languages for All have just opened up. I'm really intrigued by the idea of learning Welsh (I was taught it in school but never really used it or cared so I forgot most of it). My only problem is that the only info the uni offers on the programme is this page: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/welsh/courses/welsh-for-all, which honestly is pretty bare, with a video that ultimately says absolutely nothing.

When I clicked on the option to pick modules, it gave me a long list of different Beginner, Foundation, Intermediate, and Advanced classes and when/where they're held. I'm not sure whether I should go with beginner or foundation, as it isn't really explained anywhere what what level of knowledge is needed for each one. I also think picking any before I've seen my timetable may come back to bite me.

I suppose what I'm asking is if anyone can offer any information about the course at all. I'd really like to learn Welsh, but there's just so little information about this course that I'm worried picking any modules now may end up being a mistake, but enrolment for it closes on the 20th so that doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to figure it out and make up my mind.
Cardiff University
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Throwaway7749)
So I've finished up my online enrolment for Cardiff uni and options for Welsh for All and Languages for All have just opened up. I'm really intrigued by the idea of learning Welsh (I was taught it in school but never really used it or cared so I forgot most of it). My only problem is that the only info the uni offers on the programme is this page: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/welsh/courses/welsh-for-all, which honestly is pretty bare, with a video that ultimately says absolutely nothing.

When I clicked on the option to pick modules, it gave me a long list of different Beginner, Foundation, Intermediate, and Advanced classes and when/where they're held. I'm not sure whether I should go with beginner or foundation, as it isn't really explained anywhere what what level of knowledge is needed for each one. I also think picking any before I've seen my timetable may come back to bite me.

I suppose what I'm asking is if anyone can offer any information about the course at all. I'd really like to learn Welsh, but there's just so little information about this course that I'm worried picking any modules now may end up being a mistake, but enrolment for it closes on the 20th so that doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to figure it out and make up my mind.
If you contact Welsh for All directly, they will be able to help you pick your modules. If you find you have timetable clashes, you should be able to switch classes once term starts.

Their contact details are:

[email protected]
+44 (0)29 2087 4843

Alternatively, have a look the Welsh for All page on the student intranet- it has a little more information and also an option for live chat, if that would be easier for you.

Hope this helps!
Petra
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
7.88%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (135)
56.02%
No (87)
36.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed