J_E
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi All,

I have been doing an apprenticeship for just over a year now with the same company and all in all it has been a good place to work.
However as I continue to work I notice that I am being paid a lot less than the other apprentices and some have come into the company after me and are already on over double my wage.

I just needed some advice on what to do. I am wondering whether to ask my manager for a meeting and to ask for a pay rise and present the facts of why I think I deserve a pay rise or just to leave it and wait for them to offer me a pay rise.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
CCauston113
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are they in the same role as you? If they are, it would be worth talking to your manager. If they are older or in a more technical apprenticeship, that may explain the difference but you could ask your manager about it anyway (I've never had a job or apprenticeship, so don't take my word for it, but that seems the logical thing to do).
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by J_E)
Hi All,

I have been doing an apprenticeship for just over a year now with the same company and all in all it has been a good place to work.
However as I continue to work I notice that I am being paid a lot less than the other apprentices and some have come into the company after me and are already on over double my wage.

I just needed some advice on what to do. I am wondering whether to ask my manager for a meeting and to ask for a pay rise and present the facts of why I think I deserve a pay rise or just to leave it and wait for them to offer me a pay rise.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Was there anything in your apprentice contract to state how you would be paid and if it is in line with performance or inflation etc?

As said above, if you're in the exact same role/doing the same work as those earning more than you, then it's definitely a good idea to have a word but make sure you go in with a plan of how you'd like to approach the conversation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
7.88%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (135)
56.02%
No (87)
36.1%

Watched Threads