Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
To call a lesbian?
Glaz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe don't call them anything that might be considered offensive. Just call them lesbians, because that's what they are?

CC CoolCavy the only lesbian I know on TSR
Anonymous #1
Someone text me saying 'dirty lezza'

(I cried myself to sleep that night)
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Someone text me saying 'dirty lezza'

(I cried myself to sleep that night)
I'm so sorry that happened to you. Attached to the word 'dirty', it's definitely an insult. Maybe tell them not to call you that, and if they continue, report it to someone who has authority to stop them.
k3panda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it is offensive
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Glaz)
I'm so sorry that happened to you. Attached to the word 'dirty', it's definitely an insult. Maybe tell them not to call you that, and if they continue, report it to someone who has authority to stop them.
Thank you
It was a family member too....
Right after I came out to the family.
My family laughed when I said I was lesbian. They seem to think they do not exist and that not talking about LGBT community will eliminate their existence.

Then just as I was going to bed, my younger sister text me saying 'dirty lezza' with 2 emojis: one of a homosexual couple and another of a woman wearing a headscarf. (I'm Muslim).

Nothing I could do about it. I woke up today and everyone is normal, as if yesterdays conversation didnt happen. Again they're all in denial. And not willing to accept it.
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you
My family laughed when I said I was lesbian. They seem to think they do not exist and that not talking about LGBT community will eliminate their existence.

Then just as I was going to bed, my younger sister text me saying 'dirty lezza' with 2 emojis: one of a homosexual couple and another of a woman wearing a headscarf. (I'm Muslim).

Nothing I could do about it. I woke up today and everyone is normal, as if yesterdays conversation didnt happen. Again they're all in denial. And not willing to accept it.
That's extremely toxic, and you need to get away from them as soon as possible. How old are you? Can you move out?
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you

considering you are a muslim family i'd say you got a pretty good reaction if that's all that happened.

still though, can't be nice being called that. but like i said, it could have been a lot worse..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Glaz)
That's extremely toxic, and you need to get away from them as soon as possible. How old are you? Can you move out?
I'm 20. Yet not able to move out until after marriage. They dont want me to be lesbian.
My father is unaware, as he was not home but when ever I have to marry I'll have to try and tell my father and things would then get really bad
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ANM775)
considering you are a muslim family i'd say you got a pretty good reaction if that's all that happened.

still though, can't be nice being called that. but like i said, it could have been a lot worse..
My father was not home. The day I'm told to find someone to marry, I wont be able to tell my dad I'm lesbian. Otherwise hell will break loose
I'm going to have to remain closeted throughout my entire life.
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm 20. Yet not able to move out until after marriage. They dont want me to be lesbian.
My father is unaware, as he was not home but when ever I have to marry I'll have to try and tell my father and things would then get really bad
Given that you're over 18, you're legally allowed to do whatever the hell you want. You can move out if you want to, you don't need their permission. Get a job so you can earn some money to support yourself and move out ASAP, it's not good to be in a toxic environment.
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would say no, but it depends on the context.
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My father was not home. The day I'm told to find someone to marry, I wont be able to tell my dad I'm lesbian. Otherwise hell will break loose
I'm going to have to remain closeted throughout my entire life.
What makes you think your sibling won't tell him
Or tell a cousin who tells their dad, who tells him.
If I were you I'd prep myself for the day he finds out.
Can't be much of a dad if you are so terrified of him.
Btw I thought it was spelt Lezza.🤔
Last edited by Just my opinion; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Just my opinion)
What makes you think your sibling won't tell him
Or tell a cousin who tells their dad, who tells him.
If I were you I'd prep myself for the day he finds out.
Can't be much of a dad if you are so terrified of him.
Btw I thought it was spelt Lezza.🤔
My dads such a loving and kind person but he does not want me to sin and in my religion homosexuality is a sin
My parents would not say anything horrid to anyone who identifies as LGBT but they wouldn't want their own family member to identify as LGBT because it's a 'sin'
And yes it is lezza- it was a spelling mistake.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (219)
23.7%
Pop (228)
24.68%
Jazz (35)
3.79%
Classical (56)
6.06%
Hip-Hop (172)
18.61%