Home Office Have Proposed A Two-Year Extension For International Students! Watch

MrMusician95
Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The Home Office have proposed an extension of two years for international students who are starting their course from next year.

Thoughts?
vinitha kumaran
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by MrMusician95)
The Home Office have proposed an extension of two years for international students who are starting their course from next year.

Thoughts?
Hi! I am already studying here for the past one year and I graduate my course in 2021. So I guess the two year extension rule isn't applicable for students like me who are continuing a course. But congrats to all the other students who are about to join in uk University from next year!! A great announcement indeed!!
MrMusician95
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by vinitha kumaran)
Hi! I am already studying here for the past one year and I graduate my course in 2021. So I guess the two year extension rule isn't applicable for students like me who are continuing a course. But congrats to all the other students who are about to join in uk University from next year!! A great announcement indeed!!
Wait until all the details are announced. But she you considered doing a master's?
vinitha kumaran
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Wait until all the details are announced. But she you considered doing a master's?
Nah..I think that's how it's gonna be unfortunately... It's still the same old rule for me and for other current students as well! And yes I have plans of doing Higher studies in the UK after graduation. It would be applicable for me then but not now (which is when I need it most)

What about you? Are you a new student who is yet to start study here?
MrMusician95
Nah..I think that's how it's gonna be unfortunately... It's still the same old rule for me and for other current students as well! And yes I have plans of doing Higher studies in the UK after graduation. It would be applicable for me then but not now (which is when I need it most)

What about you? Are you a new student who is yet to start study here?
Wait but why is it an issue if you have it for your masters if you're doing it right after graduation?

And nope, I'm a British. I just hate our immigration rules. Especially for students.
vinitha kumaran
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Wait but why is it an issue if you have it for your masters if you're doing it right after graduation?

And nope, I'm a British. I just hate our immigration rules. Especially for students.
I'm doing Biomed now second year. I have my Visa for 3 years overall! That is till 2021. So after that if I get an admission in any course then i'll be fine but if not.. then comes the problem
MrMusician95
I'm doing Biomed now second year. I have my Visa for 3 years overall! That is till 2021. So after that if I get an admission in any course then i'll be fine but if not.. then comes the problem
Get a 2:1...then a master's is very likely!
username4955160
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi, writing and editing services are legal and available at ivoryresearch.com, use the code ChloeIvorySR for 10% off!
Patagonia
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Better than the 6 months previously proposed and more aligned with competitor countries that are already providing 2-4 years of post-study work periods.

But worse for EU students who currently have unrestricted rights.
Last edited by Patagonia; 3 days ago
vinitha kumaran
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Get a 2:1...then a master's is very likely!
well.....I hope so too!! haha
ABD700
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hello,

Is the visa change includes to the students who are going to start this September or is it valid for the ones who are going to start in 2020 September?
MrMusician95
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by ABD700)
Hello,

Is the visa change includes to the students who are going to start this September or is it valid for the ones who are going to start in 2020 September?
At the moment it seems like people starting in 2020, so if you can defer your place for a year I would.
ABD700
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
At the moment it seems like people starting in 2020, so if you can defer your place for a year I would.
thank you for your answer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (213)
23.64%
Pop (223)
24.75%
Jazz (33)
3.66%
Classical (52)
5.77%
Hip-Hop (171)
18.98%