The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Bucks New University - 2020 applicants thread

Hi everyone

Welcome to our thread for 2020 applicants! Here you can ask us any questions about our courses, the university, or life as a Bucks student. You can also introduce yourself to others here, so you can get to know those you might be studying with. :party:

To get started, why not let us know the following?

- Course or subject area you’re applying for?
- Where are you from?
- What are you most looking forward to about starting uni?
- Anything you’re worried about or not looking forward to?
- Have you been to a Bucks open day, or are you planning to?

Here are also some links that you might find useful!

Accommodation options

Open days

Virtual tours

Application guide

Students’ Union

Don’t forget to also follow us on social media to keep up-to-date with all things Bucks!

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

LinkedIn

YouTube

Snapchat

We look forward to speaking to you soon! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hie I wanted to know around what time does nursing start in September .
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Original post by Misskay12

Hi @Misskay12

Thanks for your message and really sorry for the delay in a reply! I seem to have missed your question.

Hopefully you managed to find the answer you needed before now, but do let me know if there's anything else I can help with! Good luck with your studies :smile:

Laura
Original post by Bucks New University
Hi @Misskay12

Thanks for your message and really sorry for the delay in a reply! I seem to have missed your question.

Hopefully you managed to find the answer you needed before now, but do let me know if there's anything else I can help with! Good luck with your studies :smile:

Laura’s

Hie Laura not yet I haven’t got a reply. Wanted to know around which dates do nursing start for year 1 in September . Is it when schools open around 7/8 September or around end of month . Looking into 2020 September
Hie Laura not yet I haven’t got a reply. Wanted to know around which dates do nursing start for year 1 in September . Is it when schools open around 7/8 September or around end of month . Looking into 2020 September

Aah, sorry @Misskay12! I misunderstood your question :smile:

Freshers / welcome week for 2020 will be week commencing 21 September, so the undergraduate degree courses will start then. If you're looking at doing the PGDip Nursing, these usually start the first week of September.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

Laura
I'll be applying for Computing and Web Development, currently attending Saint Francis Xavier Sixth Form College and living in Croydon.
I'm looking forward to being away from home, finally getting independence. More than excited to learn coding.
I never have any worries, I'll be looking forward to everything.
I'll be going to the open day on 16th of November.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by DeseanDwyer
I'll be applying for Computing and Web Development, currently attending Saint Francis Xavier Sixth Form College and living in Croydon.
I'm looking forward to being away from home, finally getting independence. More than excited to learn coding.
I never have any worries, I'll be looking forward to everything.
I'll be going to the open day on 16th of November.

Hi @DeseanDwyer

Great news you'll be applying to Bucks, and fab to hear you've such a positive attitude towards starting a new phase in life. Gaining independence is definitely a big change, but an exciting one! Will you be looking at staying in halls of residence when you start uni?

We look forward to meeting you at our open day in a few weeks time, but just shout if you have any questions before then!

Laura
This is one of my choices! I was wondering what the uni is like from a current or former student's perspective, haven't been able to go to an open day yet
It’s a good uni ,great location and supportive staff. I love it .
Hie Laura

Do you have any idea for Bsc adult nursing ,are there any specific number of hours for night shifts you have to do for the duration of your course ?

Thanks
Hie Laura

Do you have any idea for Bsc adult nursing ,are there any specific number of hours for night shifts you have to do for the duration of your course ?

Thanks

Hi @Misskay12

Apologies for the delay in a reply!

If you have a look at the course page for the BSc Adult Nursing on our website, under the 'related documents' section you'll find the programme specification for the course. This gives you a more detailed breakdown of the placement hours you'll need to complete. On page 5 of the document, it refers to the number of night shift hours - it states you'll need to complete a minimum of 60 hours night duty across year 2 and 3.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Laura
Original post by Bucks New University
Hi everyone

Welcome to our thread for 2020 applicants! Here you can ask us any questions about our courses, the university, or life as a Bucks student. You can also introduce yourself to others here, so you can get to know those you might be studying with. :party:

To get started, why not let us know the following?

- Course or subject area you’re applying for?
- Where are you from?
- What are you most looking forward to about starting uni?
- Anything you’re worried about or not looking forward to?
- Have you been to a Bucks open day, or are you planning to?

Here are also some links that you might find useful!

Accommodation options

Open days

Virtual tours

Application guide

Students’ Union

Don’t forget to also follow us on social media to keep up-to-date with all things Bucks!

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

LinkedIn

YouTube

Snapchat

We look forward to speaking to you soon! :biggrin:

Hello all,

Looking forward to coming in 2020, quick question: what order does the alphabet go in again I know it starts abc but I can't remember if d or e is next.
Thank you
Hi!
Super excited to join Bucks 2020 but just wondering when I can apply for accommodation? I’ve accepted Bucks as my firm choice but can’t find anything about when applications for accommodation open?
Hi guys, I've applied for the air transport with commercial pilot training course, I'm from Corby which is in Northamptonshire , I'm looking forward to being away from home so building on my independence. I've been to an open day already and I really enjoyed the overall experience.
Just wondering if there's an Afro-Carribean society here?
Reply 14
Is there a lot of nightlife and things to do in High Wycombe? I think there are a lot of theatres and musicals right?
what's creative advertising like? and what is day to day life like is it safe at night?
Is anyone looking at studying Criminology here? I have received an unconditional and put it down as my insurance but I know nothing about Bucks or the course!! Its just down the road from me as I live near High Wycombe so I thought it would be a safe and cheap option for me if I don't get into my Firm Choice.
Hello Everyone, Has anyone applied for the PGDip Physician Associate studies September start or is anyone on the course already? Please can you tell me how the course is at Bucks? Thanks
Which field of nursing are you going to be studying?

What field of nursing are you going to study in September?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending