DON_JACOB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was applying for a school dorm and the school offered me Whitworth Park. I got really concerned after googling it up. Honestly it looks much like a homeless shelter, crowded, old, and dirty. So basically I'm on the second floor of Aberdeen House, is it bad or are there worse ones. Also, is it possible to request for a change?
milkshakelover
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It’s habitable and people at Whitworrh are generally nice.
If you want a swap, which is fair enough, you’ll either have to find someone to swap w you or beg the accommodation office. Alternatively look at private accommodation. The redeeming feature for whitworth is the location.
StartingTheParty
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Whitforth is fine. I've been over to a couple of mates flats there and it's a stonesthrow away from the main campus, the library, the Ali G and McDonalds. It's basically walking distance to the city centre too completely negating the need for a bus pass. If you want to get the bus you can get the Oxford Road Link which is free with your student card and takes you to the Sackville Street Building in North Campus which, again, is basically the city centre. It's great, just embrace it and if you don't like it I can assure you there will always be people looking for replacement tenants and the like. You'll be fine.
baizen2000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by DON_JACOB)
I was applying for a school dorm and the school offered me Whitworth Park. I got really concerned after googling it up. Honestly it looks much like a homeless shelter, crowded, old, and dirty. So basically I'm on the second floor of Aberdeen House, is it bad or are there worse ones. Also, is it possible to request for a change?
You wanna swap to Oak House, i really want whitworth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
  • University of Manchester