Safcelliot
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I have opened a santander student account and was given a £250 overdraft instantly. However I needed to use this for my accommodation deposit so I now have nothing until my student loan comes in. If I was to borrow £500 from a family member and leave it in my account for 1 day and then return the £500, would this trigger the £1500 overdraft?
And if so, how long would it take to update?
Thanks
Miss_Tee9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would talk to Santander to ask if they can raise your over draft limit from £250 to £1500 if that is what you want. As your limit is only £250 atm, if you borrow £500 from family and put it in your bank, £250 would get taken for the overdraft first, and you’d have £250 to spend.
Safcelliot
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Miss_Tee9)
I would talk to Santander to ask if they can raise your over draft limit from £250 to £1500 if that is what you want. As your limit is only £250 atm, if you borrow £500 from family and put it in your bank, £250 would get taken for the overdraft first, and you’d have £250 to spend.
The requirements for the overdraft to be increased just say that £500 needs to be deposited into the account and then it will be triggered. So that’s why I was asking that.
Regarding the £500, if I was to deposit it I would be then on +£250 and then to withdraw it again I would be back at -£250 (the overdraft) so it would be still okay I think, just wondering whether it triggers the increase
Miss_Tee9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well then it sounds like you’ve answered ur own question tbh. If it says putting in £500 will trigger it, then i don’t see why it wouldn’t
Safcelliot
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Miss_Tee9)
Well then it sounds like you’ve answered ur own question tbh. If it says putting in £500 will trigger it, then i don’t see why it wouldn’t
The overdraft was increased today so only took 1 day thankfully!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19