legallyblind
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Incoming first year law student here and I have never studied law before, feeling slightly anxious because essentially, how do people do it? Could a law student from Durham University or any other UK university give advice? In particular, I would like to know:

1) If the preliminary reading set by the university is a must ( the materials are hard to acquire for me and it's a very long list. I am willing to do it of course, but I just want to know how much is expected of me.)

2) How do law students study for exams? Do you comb through your textbook, case files and extra reading and take notes? What do you take notes on and how? Essentially, although I know there are modules, I don't know if there's a 'syllabus' per se of set content we need to know within those modules, and therefore, if there are multiple ways to do your research and get good grades from them.

3) How many hours should I be studying a day?

4) Where could I find good sample law essays?

Would appreciate any advice
username3689312
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What university are you going to?
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The question is complicated. I think just wait till you get to uni and things will make more sense.

If you want to ask Durham law students about their studying habits, post on the Durham forum and someone might help you out.
Last edited by Notoriety; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (61)
22.02%
Excited but a bit nervous (126)
45.49%
Not bothered either way (36)
13%
I'm really nervous (54)
19.49%

Watched Threads