Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How hard is it to get onto competitive econ courses at places like Warwick, UCL, LSE. I already have the grades and they are really good, is that enough? Or are they so oversubscribed that they still have to turn people down?
username4567470
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean I know someone who didn’t get into Warwick econ with nearly straight A* GCSEs and 3A*2A predictions at A level, so nothing is guaranteed :/
Just make sure your personal statement is really strong! There’s definitely a mixture of both academic strength and luck in admissions
username4567470
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I should also mention I know someone who got in with A*A*A predictions, so it’s definitely not all about the grades
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JD2468)
I mean I know someone who didn’t get into Warwick econ with nearly straight A* GCSEs and 3A*2A predictions at A level, so nothing is guaranteed :/
Just make sure your personal statement is really strong! There’s definitely a mixture of both academic strength and luck in admissions
omds any ideas why they didn't get in? most courses can afford to give everyone an offer so long as they have the grades (i mean i say most, maybe not most... but many)
username4567470
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
omds any ideas why they didn't get in? most courses can afford to give everyone an offer so long as they have the grades (i mean i say most, maybe not most... but many)
I honestly have no clue, his personal statement was strong too imo, and I know people who got in with both worse and better grades, so it’s... confusing. He still got into LSE tho so it wasn’t the end of the world! The top courses are just really competitive I guess, it’s not very common to receive offers from all 3 of those top unis since they all have different values!
Sophee7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I got into Warwick exon with predictions of A*AA
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (40)
26.67%
No (110)
73.33%

Watched Threads