The Student Room Group

Why am I being told when to wake up?

Its been mentioned many times by my family that I need to start waking up earlier rather than late.

It takes me a while to actually fall asleep so from 1AM to 4AM I'm still awake, just watching movies and listening to music on my phone.. I usually wake up at sometime between 2PM to 4PM... which I have no problem with because I get a quality amount of sleep.

My family are against this (of course) they say it's unhealthy as I'm sleeping all the way to the afternoon without eating and I could end up with some gastric stomach problem.

My sleeping pattern is only messed up because we are on summer break. When it's time to return to university I will be sure to follow a tight and firm schedule.

They say I have to wake up at 2:30 PM, be alert and be downstairs so someone can see me.

I find it so ridiculous how I'm being told when to wake up and such. I'm 20 years old I should be allowed to wake up whenever I want, especially since we are on summer break and I literally have no plans or anything todo.

I understand waking up at 3PM and 4PM is crazy but I can't help it. Especially since I find it so difficult to fall asleep in the beginning.

Am I at fault here or is my family?
Original post by Anonymous

Its been mentioned many times by my family that I need to start waking up earlier rather than late.

It takes me a while to actually fall asleep so from 1AM to 4AM I'm still awake, just watching movies and listening to music on my phone.. I usually wake up at sometime between 2PM to 4PM... which I have no problem with because I get a quality amount of sleep.

My family are against this (of course) they say it's unhealthy as I'm sleeping all the way to the afternoon without eating and I could end up with some gastric stomach problem.

My sleeping pattern is only messed up because we are on summer break. When it's time to return to university I will be sure to follow a tight and firm schedule.

They say I have to wake up at 2:30 PM, be alert and be downstairs so someone can see me.

I find it so ridiculous how I'm being told when to wake up and such. I'm 20 years old I should be allowed to wake up whenever I want, especially since we are on summer break and I literally have no plans or anything todo.

I understand waking up at 3PM and 4PM is crazy but I can't help it. Especially since I find it so difficult to fall asleep in the beginning.

Am I at fault here or is my family?

You're right that you can do what you want, but they have a point. Playing on your phone etc won't help you sleep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending