Getting checked at a clinic? And brown discharge? Watch

Lowkey.xx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
It’s a bit tmi but I checked my pantyliner today and there’s brown discharge on it but my periods supposed to start in 2 weeks and I’m on birth control and when I have sex I use condoms. So I googled it and I’m really confused as to why it’s been brown because that never happens (it only happens before my period starts)

Also, how does going to a clinic work like does it take long for a doctor or someone to check you and so on? If someone could explain the process I’ll really appreciate it
Thank you
jack_frost82
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lowkey.xx)
It’s a bit tmi but I checked my pantyliner today and there’s brown discharge on it but my periods supposed to start in 2 weeks and I’m on birth control and when I have sex I use condoms. So I googled it and I’m really confused as to why it’s been brown because that never happens (it only happens before my period starts)

Also, how does going to a clinic work like does it take long for a doctor or someone to check you and so on? If someone could explain the process I’ll really appreciate it
Thank you
so you turn up at the GUM clinic Genito-urinary medicine and sign in and sit in a waiting room hoping to God you don't recognise anyone in the room. They
call you out and with women I think they do visual inspections and then inspections I believe similar to a smear test. (don't quote me) you then leave and wait for results which you can normally get by ringing a number. its probably is nothing to worry about but it is definitely nothing to be ashamed about, it's a rites of passage for any youngster. your sexual health is extremely important for you and your partner. well done for taking action!
Lowkey.xx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by jack_frost82)
so you turn up at the GUM clinic Genito-urinary medicine and sign in and sit in a waiting room hoping to God you don't recognise anyone in the room. They
call you out and with women I think they do visual inspections and then inspections I believe similar to a smear test. (don't quote me) you then leave and wait for results which you can normally get by ringing a number. its probably is nothing to worry about but it is definitely nothing to be ashamed about, it's a rites of passage for any youngster. your sexual health is extremely important for you and your partner. well done for taking action!
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (40)
7.75%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
57.95%
No (177)
34.3%

Watched Threads