jasminepearlx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I'm a year 13 student who is currently applying for university in the hopes to do philosophy, politics and economics. However, my AS grades do not align with the entry requirements to the universities of my choice. I got a B in french, C in english lit and and E in economics. These grades are not a true reflection of my ability. In year 12 I was dealing with a lot of personal issues external from school which influenced my academics performance. Although my predicted grade say otherwise, I know that with my ability, i have the potential to do extremely well and meet the entry requirements.(Especially with the changed circumstances). Should I resit year 12 in the hopes of getting better AS results and therefore predicted grades or should apply to uni's ranging from prestigious and "realistic" and hope to go through adjustment in August?
OR321
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Tell your teachers this and they may change your predicted grades. I was predicted a D once but I asked my teacher if I was to do well, could you change my prediction. I got an A in an assessment so he changed my predicted grade to a B. But you have good reasons so it shouldn’t be an issue
Zosbi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you’re already considering resitting but certain you could do better in the final exams, it’s probably better to consider a gap year and apply next year on your actual results? You could spend that extra year doing something other than year twelve again (probably more fun), and if necessary, take an additional a level as many do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.4%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (70)
56%
No (47)
37.6%

Watched Threads