Does Cambridge care if you repeated AS Watch

Chlochlo129
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Some background info: I was doing my AS year with economics, math, biology, literature and history. I didn't do well on that year and realized i don't like those subjects so I decided to repeat my AS and change subjects. I took literature, history, art and english language. I had an A in history from the previous year and so I didn't repeat that.Now I'm doing A2 with all 4 subjects. Overall, I have an A in literature, an A in history and a B in English language and I'm planning on resisting one of the units to make it an A. Art will most likely be an A. My predicted grades are two As and two A*s.
I was really disappointed because due to the fact that i repeated the year I wanted to have higher marks (for example in lit I have 165/200 UMS for AS but I wanted 180)

I really want to apply to the English course at cambridge. Would Cambridge reject me because I repeated AS or does it not matter because I changed my subjects?

What if my entrance exam/ interview/ personal statement are of a really high standard? Can that make up for it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.25%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (72)
56.25%
No (48)
37.5%

Watched Threads