K622338
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m going into the second year of my university, but I would like to transfer to a different one at the start of next year. Ideally I’d like to transfer straight into the third year but I don’t mind repeating second year again. I was wondering whether emailing universities in February 2020 would be too late for them to consider me, or would it be up to their discretion? The reason I say February is because I’ll have a good amount of second year exam results released in that month and I’m expecting to get high 80%s in those exams and I’d like to mention my results in the emails. I would ideally message to department head of the course at the university I’d like to go to( Cambridge or St. Andrews)
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by K622338)
I’m going into the second year of my university, but I would like to transfer to a different one at the start of next year. Ideally I’d like to transfer straight into the third year ..... I would ideally message to department head of the course at the university I’d like to go to( Cambridge or St. Andrews)
I think you will find it really unlikely that Cambridge or a top RG university would let you transfer into the 3rd year, probably the same for St. Andrews. If you really want to go to Cambridge a better bet might be to stay where you are, score a stellar BSc and apply for an MSc.
K622338
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
I think you will find it really unlikely that Cambridge or a top RG university would let you transfer into the 3rd year, probably the same for St. Andrews. If you really want to go to Cambridge a better bet might be to stay where you are, score a stellar BSc and apply for an MSc.
I wouldn’t mind retaking the second year if they do accept me. However, I’m just not sure whether February would be too late.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by K622338)
I wouldn’t mind retaking the second year if they do accept me. However, I’m just not sure whether February would be too late.
No harm in asking your target universities now to explore the limits of what is / is not possible, its not like they are going to complain to your home institution and would likely never contact them unless things moved to a formal application and they want a transcript and some references.
K622338
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
No harm in asking your target universities now to explore the limits of what is / is not possible, its not like they are going to complain to your home institution and would likely never contact them unless things moved to a formal application and they want a transcript and some references.
Yeah that’s actually a really good shout. I’ll do that, thanks for the suggestion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.5%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (69)
56.1%
No (46)
37.4%

Watched Threads