how do uni courses with placement years or years abroad work? Watch

heyyyy-yaaaa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
if I'm considering doing a uni course with a placement year or a year abroad but am not sure do i have to decide now? as in do i Have to apply for the 4 year course if im unsure but probably want to, and if i chose the 3 year course (without a year abroad) would i then be bound to not having the extra year?
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by heyyyy-yaaaa)
if I'm considering doing a uni course with a placement year or a year abroad but am not sure do i have to decide now? as in do i Have to apply for the 4 year course if im unsure but probably want to, and if i chose the 3 year course (without a year abroad) would i then be bound to not having the extra year?
Yes, you want to apply now for the 4 year course with placement / year abroad as it might have specific entry requirements. However, its also very likely that your 1st two years will be common with the more "standard" degree and you can usually move very easily between them once you are registered. There may also be some minimum grades and language requirements you need to hit to be allowed to do a year abroad, that can get some people bumped to the course without the year abroad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.4%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (70)
56%
No (47)
37.6%

Watched Threads