Cstubbings
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to a business and management or related degree and have been looking at the Russel group uni’s aswell as Bath and St. Andrews , they have high entry requirements and although my grades aren’t bad , are they good enough for the TOP uni’s?
Gcse’s :
Re: 8
Business 7 ( currently in remark for an 8 however not for certain)
English lit : 7
History: 7
Maths: 7
Combined science: 76
English lang: 6
French:5 ( I don’t wish to continue french or put it on my cv god jt was horrific and I hated it )
I’m currently in year 12 and my a level options are :
Economics
History
Psychology
EPQ

My target grades for a level are a’s but I’m not sure if they’re achievable or realistic... is it worth looking in detail at a good uni? And if so any suggestions or things to add to my personal statement ? Thanks !
Last edited by Cstubbings; 1 week ago
SteveyStack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Most unis don’t really care (much) about gcse’s so you are fine. A’s are achievable for you but you will have to work hard.
Possibly this
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Most Unis really don't care about about GCSE's, it's far more about your A-levels and your performance in the application process. Ace that and the world is your oyster. So don't worry about your GCSEs (although most places I think you'd be fine anyway) but for uni, they really don't care what you got as long as you have passed English and maths
Cstubbings
Rep:
?
(Original post by SteveyStack)
Most unis don’t really care (much) about gcse’s so you are fine. A’s are achievable for you but you will have to work hard.
Any tips?
Cstubbings
Rep:
?
(Original post by Possibly this)
Most Unis really don't care about about GCSE's, it's far more about your A-levels and your performance in the application process. Ace that and the world is your oyster. So don't worry about your GCSEs (although most places I think you'd be fine anyway) but for uni, they really don't care what you got as long as you have passed English and maths
When looking at entry requirements for some uni’s they talk about needing a majority grade
SteveyStack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cstubbings)
Any tips?
Mainly listen in lesson and do the work they set outside. Then revise properly. Pretty standard really
Cstubbings
Rep:
?
(Original post by SteveyStack)
Mainly listen in lesson and do the work they set outside. Then revise properly. Pretty standard really
Alright thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?