Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am studying English lit and psychology a level in 1 year.I had 1 lesson of psychology, English so far (each lesson is 3 hours).I throughly enjoyed my 1st psychology lesson.While I didn't enjoy English that much, the teacher was very unorganised and didn't print any of the poems so we were on the phone for the entire lesson looking at the poem, she didn't make any notes and we had to look at our phones for analysis on the poem.

The teacher is nice but I don't think she is very good at teaching and I would prefer to have a lot more guidance as I have't done English for 2 years or written even any essay.I am thinking of switching to history as I may enjoy it more.Any advice please what do I do?
rp_020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can i ask why youre doing only 2 a levels in one year?
It honestly depends on what you want to do in future, like if you want to go to uni then it is kind of difficult as majority of unis ask for 3 a levels/equivalents.
I think maybe your teacher might be a new one and that they are stressed out by having to deal with the pressure of teaching english a level, are there any other teachers teaching that subject or is she the only one? and also if so have you considered getting a private tutor for english ?
Honestly at the end of the day it just depends on what you want to do.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University