Specific Heat Capacity (final temperature)

Watch
ibihc_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A student uses a microwave oven to warm up a cup of cold tea. > Thermal energy is supplied to the tea at a rate of 750W. The tea has a mass of 0.42kg and an initial temp. of 17 degrees celsius. Calculate the final temperature of the tea. Assume that the specific heat capacity of the tea is 4200 J Kg^-1 K^-1.> Following re-heating the tea, the student decides it's too strong and adds milk of temperature 5.5 degrees celsius and the temperature of the tea drops to 71 degrees celsius. during this time the student assumes that no thermal energy is lost to the surroundings. Calculate the decrease in thermal energy of the tea.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ibihc_)
A student uses a microwave oven to warm up a cup of cold tea. > Thermal energy is supplied to the tea at a rate of 750W. The tea has a mass of 0.42kg and an initial temp. of 17 degrees celsius. Calculate the final temperature of the tea. Assume that the specific heat capacity of the tea is 4200 J Kg^-1 K^-1.> Following re-heating the tea, the student decides it's too strong and adds milk of temperature 5.5 degrees celsius and the temperature of the tea drops to 71 degrees celsius. during this time the student assumes that no thermal energy is lost to the surroundings. Calculate the decrease in thermal energy of the tea.
Two things missing here, one extra piece of information (time in oven ?) is needed to answer the 1st part, and a bit of effort from you to show what you have tried as TSR is not a homework solving machine.
ibihc_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Mr Wednesday)
Two things missing here, one extra piece of information (time in oven ?) is needed to answer the 1st part, and a bit of effort from you to show what you have tried as TSR is not a homework solving machine.
This is all I was given I tried for over 2 hours actually and the question is from an AQA A-Level physics year 2 text book by England, Davenport, Pollard and Thomas, if u were wondering... One thing missing there is some human decency, it's pretty good you should try it sometime.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (671)
33.65%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (847)
42.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.56%

Watched Threads