stenamb5
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Should I take 3 or 4 a-levels if I want to get accepted to oxbridge?
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s not about the amount of A Levels you take, it’s about the grade at the end. Oxbridge would rather A*A*A* than A*AAB. When I applied for Cambridge, there were people on the student room chat who had 5 A Levels predicted all A* who didn’t even get an interview. Doing 3 will not put you at a disadvantage. Just perform well in entry exams and interviews, and you will have a good chance of an offer.
stenamb5
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
It’s not about the amount of A Levels you take, it’s about the grade at the end. Oxbridge would rather A*A*A* than A*AAB. When I applied for Cambridge, there were people on the student room chat who had 5 A Levels predicted all A* who didn’t even get an interview. Doing 3 will not put you at a disadvantage. Just perform well in entry exams and interviews, and you will have a good chance of an offer.
Thank you!
pollydee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't do 4 to look good because really it probably won't improve your application that much. I do know people who got in who did 4 but they loved all of their subjects and that was what made it worth doing to them. Choose 3/4 subjects you love and don't take 4 just because you think it would look good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate