Does Warwick still have a rape culture? Watch

deepXflange
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i get that you may be concered, but honestly to think that Warwick is the only uni that has students who have group chats like this is a bit naive. i've looked at my male friends group chats and they're very graphic
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is like saying that you are afraid of applying to Oxford because of the bullingdon club. Nowadays they only have about two members and a recent meeting was disbanded. If you like the course you should apply.

If you are still worried about being raped, you can take precautions ie only go out with a group of women, never go home alone, never accept a lift home from a guy you just met in a night club. Oh and carry an alarm in your handbag if you feel you need it

When I was at Manchester uni there was a rapist stalking our hall of residence. Although worrying we were extra careful and it didn’t overshadow my final year.
BasicMistake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It never had a rape culture.

I'm sorry but even if members of the university have taken to both social and traditional media to say that it does, that doesn't mean they're right.

I'm a student at Warwick. I can ask all the people I know this question and I bet 99% of people will say "What? No."

It's a massive superlative that people latch on to because it's eye-catching. Warwick has 26,000 students and there were at most 11 people involved. That is less than 0.05% of the student population.
Benarro
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Go elsewhere Warwick sucks tbh
Daigan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by powerpuff674)
I think that the level of hostility in this post is extremely unnecessary. I just wasn’t sure and wanted to make sure that the university has implemented safeguards in place to make sure that what happened never happens again. There is no need to call me a ‘triggered snowflake’ or any other derogatory remark, I think that you are the one that needs to grow up.
Stop being so pathetic. You clearly don't understand the term 'rape culture', and you don't understand what was reported. You have some growing up to do because people like you make life harder for genuine assault victims who struggle to be believed.
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
define 'rape culture'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?