Pheebs99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I'm hoping to apply for midwifery starting in 2020. By then I will hopefully have a music degree under my belt. I've also done quite a few volunteering roles which I hope will help my application. I didn't do a science or social science at A level & I know some Uni's really want you to have one... Does anyone know of some Universities that would consider me without a science? Thank you x
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Pheebs99)
I'm hoping to apply for midwifery starting in 2020. By then I will hopefully have a music degree under my belt. I've also done quite a few volunteering roles which I hope will help my application. I didn't do a science or social science at A level & I know some Uni's really want you to have one... Does anyone know of some Universities that would consider me without a science? Thank you x
do you have a gcse in biology or science?
Pheebs99
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
do you have a gcse in biology or science?
Yes I took dual science at GCSE and got all Cs or above 🙂
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yes I took dual science at GCSE and got all Cs or above 🙂
bangor and uclan could be options for you
Pheebs99
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
bangor and uclan could be options for you
That's great! Thank you!
Bangor Uni
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi Pheebs99

I recommend that you look at Bangor University

Volunteering and work experience is fantastic and make sure you note it all down on your personal statement.

I highly recommend that you contact the department to ask what you need to do.

The contact details are below:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/health-sciences/

If I can help with anything else just let me know

Sera
Pheebs99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Bangor Uni)
Hi Pheebs99

I recommend that you look at Bangor University

Volunteering and work experience is fantastic and make sure you note it all down on your personal statement.

I highly recommend that you contact the department to ask what you need to do.

The contact details are below:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/health-sciences/

If I can help with anything else just let me know

Sera
Thank you Sera!
UCLan Student
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hey there!

As mentioned above UCLan doesn't specifically ask for any science A Level. We operate a flexible admissions policy and treat everyone as an individual. This means that we will take into consideration your educational achievements together with your application as a whole, including work experience and personal statement - your music degree and volunteering roles will certainly help your application stand out here!

You can find our Midwifery course page here: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/bsc_..._programme.php

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ryan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19