The Student Room Group

No idea how I would get a girlfriend

Hey Guys,
I'm 17 years old and I last had a girlfriend when I was 14 and let's just say I wasn't ready for a relationship then lol. I'm just going into Year 13 and I would really like to be in a relationship. Not trying to sound arrogant but attracting girls is not my problem, idk why there must be something they like, but I literally have no idea how I build on that. Quite a few good-looking girls have made it plain that they are interested, but how do I build on that? Wouldn't it be really awkward just approaching and not really knowing what to say? I guess you could call it shyness but I'm not an awkward guy and have plenty of female friends,soz if I sound like a 13 year old lol.
Coming from a girl I can tell you what girls actually like:

Girls like nice guys (awkwardness isn't a bad thing it shows you actually like a girl)

Don't be too forward with them! Try and build up a bit of a friendship / rapport with them! << (this one works with people I know at least)

I'm not sure what else to say but if something you're saying feels wrong, don't say it!! Girls defo get offended more easily than others and that usually puts them off dudes
Reply 2
Original post by SapphoAnathema
Coming from a girl I can tell you what girls actually like:

Girls like nice guys (awkwardness isn't a bad thing it shows you actually like a girl)

Don't be too forward with them! Try and build up a bit of a friendship / rapport with them! << (this one works with people I know at least)

I'm not sure what else to say but if something you're saying feels wrong, don't say it!! Girls defo get offended more easily than others and that usually puts them off dudes

Hey thanks for your reply, I think I’d be alright on the small talk but it’s the initial approach that I struggle with, wouldn’t you find it a bit strange if some random just started talking to you from nowhere?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending