The Student Room Group

biology a level for engineering?

-
as title
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by 21allthebestx
i am taking triple science and maths for a levels now, would i be able to apply for a bioengineering degree without a biology a level qualification?

First of all, I'm not a fan of science because it's garbage, technology is taking over. Physics and Maths are what they're looking for. Even so, doing chemistry and biology give you a competitive edge as they would also need to have background knowledge of them. However, I would recommend you to drop chemistry and biology and pick BTEC engineering extended certificate or foundation diploma. YOUR GOING TO UNI TO LEARN ABOUT BIOENGINEERING lol, it would be beneficial if you got the gist of it in sixth form or colly. Especially if u did triple science for GCSE, and u did good, then that would be your background knowledge of ur science. Only if your school has btec engineering tho. Why I prefer you to do that because, it's also coursework, in which is what u do in uni and Idk if its practical(probably) which is why as I said u will get the gist of it before UNI.
Original post by STU56153
First of all, I'm not a fan of science because it's garbage, technology is taking over. Physics and Maths are what they're looking for. Even so, doing chemistry and biology give you a competitive edge as they would also need to have background knowledge of them. However, I would recommend you to drop chemistry and biology and pick BTEC engineering extended certificate or foundation diploma. YOUR GOING TO UNI TO LEARN ABOUT BIOENGINEERING lol, it would be beneficial if you got the gist of it in sixth form or colly. Especially if u did triple science for GCSE, and u did good, then that would be your background knowledge of ur science. Only if your school has btec engineering tho. Why I prefer you to do that because, it's also coursework, in which is what u do in uni and Idk if its practical(probably) which is why as I said u will get the gist of it before UNI.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 21allthebestx
i wish i was still taking gcses *cries*, today marks my first week in sixth form and my school doesn't have BTEC. i got no purpose in life right now

lol then do the triple science lol, it would be better if u done engineering tho in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest