Mental health and career options. Watch

jc933
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This is not about me but I would appreciate the advice. Basically my mate after completing GCSE's attempting A levels. But due to mental health reasons( I dont know exact details) dropped out. He then went to do an access course to try and get a qualification to go to Uni. Same problem, dropped out as Mental health was too bad. Now ignoring all the mental health problem diagnosis that people may try and do, hes seeing a therapist and on medication etc. Is it possible to do an access course and/or A levels from home without having to go into a College or school that would increase anxiety? Is this feasible? What other career options are open to him, assuming he has decent GCSE's. I think its B's and C's.
more_like_myself
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can I ask how old your friend is? There are options to do courses from home but I wouldnt rush him into them. It sounds like he's doing the right thing for his mental health, attending therapy and taking his medication, it may be that he needs to work back up to education as that slowly helps him this year. Let him lead on where he is up to and remember there are lots of options in terms of life path out there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.4%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (70)
56%
No (47)
37.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed