What is A level Religious studies like? Watch

Maiya-016
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
im considering changing BTEC law to RS is it worth it?
Archpower2020
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey,
I just started my As and I am studying Rs OCR. Personally I found that Rs was very interesting and there are new elements to it compared to the Gcse course. We also study Philosophy and Ethics in rs and philosophy is probably my favourite part of it.
You should choose which one you enjoy the most and which one will also help you.
Hope I helped
dfbdbbbdb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Maiya-016)
im considering changing BTEC law to RS is it worth it?
No. Unless you're an abstract thinker it will be very difficult to grasp some of the concepts - let alone apply them into an essay. If your school is doing OCR then good luck to you as Year 13 you will essentially be studying A level physics (quantum mechanics is part of the spec).
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by dfbdbbbdb)
If your school is doing OCR then good luck to you as Year 13 you will essentially be studying A level physics (quantum mechanics is part of the spec).
Really?
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I found OCR RS difficult because there is just SO MUCH content, our teacher didn't even manage to get through it all. Philosophy and ethics was super interesting but Development in Christian Thought was challenging and I found most of it a bit boring. I also think the exams should be 2 and a half hours - don't think 2 hours is enough time to write 3 40 mark essays.

If you're really interested in it though, go for it. Debating in class is fun and as I said ethics/philosophy is really interesting
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by dfbdbbbdb)
No. Unless you're an abstract thinker it will be very difficult to grasp some of the concepts - let alone apply them into an essay. If your school is doing OCR then good luck to you as Year 13 you will essentially be studying A level physics (quantum mechanics is part of the spec).
Wait, what? I did OCR RS and there wasn't any quantum physics lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?