Will taking my IGCSE at the end of A levels put me in a disadvantage with colleges Watch

LKSAH
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My home country requires me to take 7 IGCSEs in one sitting, but i was only able to do 5 and losing my home country as an option for college is a big deal.As of right now i have 2 option, either retake year 11 as a whole, but i would like to avoid that, or take all 7 subjects at the end of A levels. Taking all of the subjects at the end of A level to me is the preferable option but i am unsure either it will affect me in the future, and i did ask multiple colleges but non gave me the clear answer i was hoping for, so i want to ask for advice on what i should do
linda1301
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LKSAH)
My home country requires me to take 7 IGCSEs in one sitting, but i was only able to do 5 and losing my home country as an option for college is a big deal.As of right now i have 2 option, either retake year 11 as a whole, but i would like to avoid that, or take all 7 subjects at the end of A levels. Taking all of the subjects at the end of A level to me is the preferable option but i am unsure either it will affect me in the future, and i did ask multiple colleges but non gave me the clear answer i was hoping for, so i want to ask for advice on what i should do
Taking all 7 IGCSEs ALONG with your A level subjects?! That would be absolutely crazy tbh. A levels are intense and taking 3-4 subjects is a LOT of work - now imagine doing this + 7 IGCSEs... Yes, retaking a year isn't great, but it's also nothing to be ashamed of and I'd definitely recommend you did that!
Last edited by linda1301; 1 week ago
LKSAH
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by linda1301)
Taking all 7 IGCSEs ALONG with your A level subjects?! That would be absolutely crazy tbh. A levels are intense and taking 3-4 subjects is a LOT of work - now imagine doing this + 7 IGCSEs... Yes, retaking a year isn't great, but it's also nothing to be ashamed of and I'd definitely recommend you did that!
(Original post by linda1301)
oh no, jshsj what I meant was take all 7 subjects AFTER a levels, but since I will be technically done with high school, will colleges accept my IGCSEs?
linda1301
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LKSAH)
oh no, jshsj what I meant was take all 7 subjects AFTER a levels, but since I will be technically done with high school, will colleges accept my IGCSEs?
oh, okay haha! well, but if you're doing them after A levels, you're going to take a year longer anyway, so why not just repeat year 11 now, do IGCSEs and then move on to A levels? Seems like the most logical step and that way, your IGCSEs will definitely be accepted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (14)
6.73%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (116)
55.77%
No (78)
37.5%

Watched Threads