Applying for an apprenticeship, need help with a question. Watch

MacDan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I am applying for an apprenticeship, one of the questions is "What do you know about Thermal Insulation?". I have no knowledge because in thermal insulation because I have left secondary school last year, what should I put? Should I research a bit about thermal insulation? or should I explain that I have no experience because I just left school I haven't had enough time to learn. Its a level 2 apprenticeship so I think they'll teach me everything I need, thanks.
Last edited by MacDan; 1 week ago
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MacDan)
So I am applying for an apprenticeship, one of the questions is "What do you know about Thermal Insulation?". I have no knowledge because in thermal insulation because I have left secondary school last year, what should I put? Should I research a bit about thermal insulation? or should I explain that I have no experience because I just left school I haven't had enough time to learn. Its a level 2 apprenticeship so I think they'll teach me everything I need, thanks.
Hi there,

It would certainly help you to do some general research on the question they are asking so you can show a general understanding of thermal insulation.

Thermal insulation can mean different things in different contexts so be sure to research it for what you are going to do the apprenticeship in to get the best possible insight.

If you know anyone who currently works in the type of apprenticeship you are applying for it might help to get some information from them too. If you have done any work experience in the past that involved this it would help to put that on the application as well. Essentially they are trying to get an understanding of your knowledge and experience in that type of job.

I hope this helps.

Thanks - Sophie.
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
As above, I'd say it's worth doing a bit of research. You can always mention that you've not had much experience of it as you're a school leaver but then go on to say you've researched it. Shows you've taken initiative

Good luck!
Advertisement
MacDan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by National Careers Service)
Hi there,

It would certainly help you to do some general research on the question they are asking so you can show a general understanding of thermal insulation.

Thermal insulation can mean different things in different contexts so be sure to research it for what you are going to do the apprenticeship in to get the best possible insight.

If you know anyone who currently works in the type of apprenticeship you are applying for it might help to get some information from them too. If you have done any work experience in the past that involved this it would help to put that on the application as well. Essentially they are trying to get an understanding of your knowledge and experience in that type of job.

I hope this helps.

Thanks - Sophie.
(Original post by brainzistheword)
As above, I'd say it's worth doing a bit of research. You can always mention that you've not had much experience of it as you're a school leaver but then go on to say you've researched it. Shows you've taken initiative

Good luck!
I have done some research on the website that is offering the apprenticeship and I have applied, thank you!
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I have done some research on the website that is offering the apprenticeship and I have applied, thank you!
Fantastic! Would love to know how you get on
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (11)
5.79%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (105)
55.26%
No (74)
38.95%

Watched Threads